Catholic Schools Youth Ministry Australia (CSYMA) has a vision to inspire and equip Catholic schools and youth ministries to become centres of the New Evangelisation.
CSYMA is a professional, teacher and church leader centred organisation, networking catholic schools and youth ministries (parishes and movements) for the mission of the church.
Starting in Canberra in 2007, CSYMA has continued to expand across Australia. The CSYMA curriculum is now in over 100 schools across Australia and hundreds of teachers and Church leaders are members of the Catholic Leaders Formation Network.
CSYMA has been warmly welcomed internationally. Uganda has began Catholic Schools Youth Ministry Uganda (CSYMU), and CSYMA is running cross-cultural missions to Uganda, Rwanda, England, New Zealand, and the Solomon Islands.
CSYMA has the following aims:
- To help staff develop and sustain a personal living relationship with Jesus and a strong Catholic identity through on-going formation, discipleship and participation in the life of the Church
- To develop a vision for a ministry of evangelisation as teachers including the Four-Phase Model of Youth Ministry.
- To build bonds of communication and foster solidarity amongst Catholic schools, through inter-school staff and student formation programs at a local, regional and national level.
- To equip post-school Youth Ministers and Church leaders for ministry and mission.
- To build pathways from School to active participation in the life and mission of the Catholic Church.
Our Focus Areas
CSYMA has three focus areas; students, post-school youth ministers and teacher and Church leader formation. Our programs are tailored to meet these key focus areas.
CSYMA Ministry classes have managed to build critical Catholic mass in schools in a very short timeframe.
– Matt de Dassel, Lismore CSO
The Porta Fidei experience provided an awesome opportunity for faith refreshment and to capture the essence of youth ministry coming from your heart and not always your head. It is an opportunity for personal as well as professional development.
– Donella Walker, Teacher
It has been a blessing being a Youth Minister as I have been able to continue my faith journey where it all began.
– Billi Lansky, Youth Minister